Oral health can be linked to general health. Periodontal disease, for example, is associated with increased risk of the onset or progression of systemic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes or complications during pregnancy.
- People with severe periodontitis are 25% more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease.
- Periodontitis has been included in the latest guidelines of the European Society of Cardiology as a cardiovascular risk factor.
- People with diabetes have a higher risk of developing periodontal disease, which progresses faster and more severely.
- The greater the severity of periodontitis, the greater the chance of developing diabetes and its serious complications.
- Between 60-75% of pregnant women develop gingivitis during pregnancy and 25% have periodontitis.
- Periodontitis may be related to adverse pregnancy outcomes such as preterm birth or low birth weight.
Prevention of gingivitis in these patients is essential, both to prevent progression to periodontitis and to avoid the eventual occurrence of other pathologies. Regular dental appointments along with daily use of suitable products will help preserve periodontal health.
The VITIS gingival range, containing cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC) with broad spectrum antiseptic action, good absorption in the oral cavity and high efficacy, together with its other ingredients, helps effectively with gum care.
Why Use VITIS Gingival?
Some patients are genetically more susceptible to gum disease than others. For these patients we recommend VITIS Gingival, a daily care range specifically formulated to protect & revitalise gums. Continued use of the VITIS Gingival range helps prevent gingival disease, reduces bleeding and keeps gums healthy every day.
Visit our VITIS Website for further information on the product range available.